The next version of CA PPM, version 15.5, has hit the market and it’s packed full of new features. Building on the last release, CA have delivered a set of new features that will help you manage your entire enterprise project portfolio from a single system of record.
Included in CA PPM 15.5 are the following enhancements:
- Teams and Team-Based Planning, which allow organisations to conduct resource planning in a more efficient fashion by eliminating the need to plan every task or project all the way down to the individual resource.
- One of the industry’s first combinations of visual Roadmapping with Time-Phased Fiscal Period Planning in addition to other enhancements such as multi-column grid sorting and saving of grid column widths as part of a view.
- Channels, which allow you to punch out to external locations within the modern UX to streamline access to other useful management tools.
- Custom Investment Types (beta), which reduce governance friction by allowing organizations to articulate your investment plans in your stakeholders’ preferred language.
- Continued steps in CA PPM’s project management transformation including: the ability to define To Do’s, Links, and the modern UX Banner Color in Project Templates in order to facilitate new ways of working; the ability to seed context-sensitive parameters such as Project Name and ID into links to enable the link destination to dynamically reflect the different respective projects; and improved resource management through the ability to replace team members in the Staff tab.
In addition to this, various items have been included in the release in response to customer demand, including support for ‘Fixed Work’ task types in Microsoft Project, the ability to use the ENTER key to post Conversations, improvements to handling of localisation for Project Visuals & Modules in the modern UX, improvements to the treatment of Days in the Timesheet Review & Approve, and additional options for enforcing stricter security when selecting project participants in the classic UX.
Should you need any assistance in understanding the new features of the latest release, feel free to contact us email@example.com. We’ll be more than happy to help.